Join our team
SENIOR VET AND CLINIC COORDINATOR
Save the Dogs is looking to recruit an experienced and animal welfare focused Senior Vet for a minimum 12 month contract to manage our clinic and shelter in Cernavodǎ (South East Romania).
Your role will be to manage the daily running and coordination of the clinic which will include:
- The sterilisation, registration and identification of owned dogs.
- To follow and implement established high animal welfare and clinical standards in the shelter and managing local staff in maintaining these standards throughout.
- The smooth running of the international adoption program of dogs and cats from the shelter, maintaining high clinical standards and thorough health checks throughout.
- Out of hours duties as required.
- Must be a qualified veterinarian with the degree obtained after 1980
- Must be an EU (including Switzerland) or SEE resident
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be passionate about animal welfare
- Previous experience in shelter medicine and/or animal welfare work
- Medical and surgical experience and proficiency, especially in neutering procedures
- Be open minded, flexible, able to adapt to new and challenging working environments and able to work in a team
- Management and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Accommodation and a package of benefits will be provided. To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
- Volunteering for minimum 2 weeks: addressed to surgeon/clinician vets with at least 3 years experience. The charity offers to cover the flight to/from Romania and roundtrip transportation with our driver from Bucharest to Cernavoda. Free accommodation in hotel/apartment. Meals up to the volunteer.
- Contract of professional collaboration for 3/6/12 months: addressed to surgeon/clinician vets with at least 2 years experience willing to move to Cernavoda, in Romania. Depending on individual experience, the activities will focus on sterilizations or medical assistance to the dogs/cats leaving for adoption abroad. A package of benefits is offered depending on the length of the contract.
Requirements only for paid positions
- Providing daily checks and treatments of shelter animals as necessary
- Assist with the routine treatments to be provided to shelter animals ( internal/ external parasite treatment, vaccinations etc)
- Perform routine sterilizations of shelter animals (dogs and cats) as required and of Owned Dogs and Cats and possible other surgical procedures as required (plenty of surgical experience is required)
- Assist in the checkups and health checks needed for animals departing in the international adoption program as required
- Able to cope with an extensive workload
- Full commitment to individual and shelter animal welfare
- Good level of medical and surgical experience and proficiency , preferably 5yrs of experience
- Be open minded, flexible, passionate and able to work in a team
If interested and in order to learn about the contractual conditions, please send your CV accompanied by a motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.